By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Viral Trending contentViral Trending content
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Celebrity
  • Business
  • Crypto
  • Gaming News
  • Tech News
  • Travel
Reading: At least 64 Palestinians killed in Gaza in the past 24 hours as Israel shifts focus to Gaza City
Notification Show More
Viral Trending contentViral Trending content
  • Home
  • Categories
    • World News
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Celebrity
    • Business
    • Crypto
    • Tech News
    • Gaming News
    • Travel
  • Bookmarks
© 2024 All Rights reserved | Powered by Viraltrendingcontent
Viral Trending content > Blog > World News > At least 64 Palestinians killed in Gaza in the past 24 hours as Israel shifts focus to Gaza City
World News

At least 64 Palestinians killed in Gaza in the past 24 hours as Israel shifts focus to Gaza City

By Viral Trending Content 5 Min Read
Share
SHARE
By&nbspMalek Fouda&nbsp&&nbspEuronews

Published on
24/08/2025 – 14:12 GMT+2

At least 64 Palestinians were killed in Israeli attacks across the Gaza Strip in the past 24-hours. Medical sources at hospitals in the enclave say at least 16 people were killed on Sunday, including seven aid seekers.

They were traveling through a military zone in the south of the Strip, trying to reach a food distribution point near Khan Younis, ran by the Israeli-backed US contractor Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF).

Eyewitnesses and hospital officials say Israeli soldiers opened fire at crowds of Palestinians marching their way to the distribution hub. It’s the latest in a string of fatal incidents surrounding the GHF operation, which commenced in late May.

“The gunfire was indiscriminate,” Mohamed Abed, a father of two from the Bureij refugee camp, said, adding that while many fled some people fell to the ground after being shot.

Abed and Ahmed Sayyad, another aid seeker among the crowd, said troops opened fire when a group near the front of the crowd pushed forward toward a distribution site before its scheduled opening.

The shooting occurred just hundreds of metres away from the GHF hub. The Delaware-based foundation has not commented on the incident but have previously denied any fatal incidents on their premises.

The Israeli Defence Forces do not have direct security involvement in the GHF operation, but are tasked with providing a security perimeter a few kilometres away from their sites. The IDF has not publicly acknowledged the latest incident but have repeatedly stated in the past that their troops only fire warning shots if Palestinian aid seekers get too close to their posts.

The Hamas-run Gaza Health Ministry says that more than 2,000 Palestinians have been killed and close to 15,000 others were injured while seeking aid at the GHF sites or enroute to their hubs.

Many have criticised the initiative, a US-Israeli collaboration aimed at replacing traditional UN aid systems, after Israel accused the UN of having Hamas combatants embedded within its staff, and slammed the group for looting supplies for their own consumption and to sell.

Israel has not produced any evidence of those allegations, which the UN have rejected, claiming its aid deliveries are heavily secured and routinely arrive at distribution warehouses safely.  

It comes as an already dire humanitarian catastrophe further deteriorates as Israel continues to prevent the access of food and basic necessities into the enclave.

The UN say 90% of Gaza’s roughly two million population are at dire risk of starvation due to the critically low levels of food in the besieged territory.

On Sunday, at least eight people died from malnutrition-related causes, including one child. The Gaza Health Ministry says the total amount of famine related deaths have risen to 289, including 115 children.

Meanwhile, Israeli attacks across the strip are intensifying ahead of an imminent offensive aimed at occupying Gaza City in the north of the enclave, after Israel’s security cabinet approved Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s plan to take control of the city.

Air strikes have been targeting multiple locations, from the southernmost Rafah to the north. Eyewitnesses say Israeli missiles are targeting civilian areas, including designated safe havens. On Saturday, several people were killed in Israeli shelling of a displacement camp in Khan Younis.

The war started after Hamas staged an attack on southern Israel on 7 October, 2023, killing just under 1,200 people, whom Israel says were mainly civilians. The Gaza-based group also captured 250 people as hostages on their retreat to the Strip.

Most of the hostages have since been released in several ceasefire and exchange deals between Israel and Hamas. 50 still remain under Hamas captivity, with roughly 20 believed to be alive.

The death toll from Israel’s 22 month offensive on Gaza is now closing in on 63,0000 according to the Health Ministry.

Its figures do not distinguish between civilian and combatant casualties, but the UN says more than two-thirds of deaths it has been able to independently verify were women and children.

Additional sources • AP

You Might Also Like

Amid growing hantavirus worries, how prepared is Europe for new health threats?

Belarus stages nuclear drills with Russia as Kyiv warns of new offensive

A giant asteroid found just days ago is now passing close to Earth

Spain tilts right under Pedro Sánchez despite progressive credentials abroad

Iran calls for reconstruction support at World Urban Forum in Baku

TAGGED: Europe
Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Copy Link
Previous Article Custodia Chief Doubts TradFi’s Ability To Handle Crypto Bear Market – Details
Next Article China’s Tropical Resort Island Orders Evacuations as Typhoon Kajiki Nears
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

US stocks today: Nasdaq falls as technology stocks slide, Treasury yields climb
Business
Bitcoin’s trend defining battle starts at the $74K support: Analyst
Crypto
Amid growing hantavirus worries, how prepared is Europe for new health threats?
World News
Ethereum Institutional Adoption Expands: ETH Held In Corporate Reserves Climbs To New Landmark
Crypto
Jacob Elordi’s Girlfriend History: From Olivia Jade Giannulli to Kendall Jenner
Celebrity
Terraria Hits 70 Million Copies Sold, 15th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Announced
Gaming News
PlayStation confirms it will no longer bring narrative exclusives to PC
Gaming News

About Us

Welcome to Viraltrendingcontent, your go-to source for the latest updates on world news, politics, sports, celebrity, tech, travel, gaming, crypto news, and business news. We are dedicated to providing you with accurate, timely, and engaging content from around the globe.

Quick Links

  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Celebrity
  • Business
  • Home
  • World News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Celebrity
  • Business
  • Crypto
  • Gaming News
  • Tech News
  • Travel
  • Sports
  • Crypto
  • Tech News
  • Gaming News
  • Travel

Trending News

cageside seats

Unlocking the Ultimate WWE Experience: Cageside Seats News 2024

US stocks today: Nasdaq falls as technology stocks slide, Treasury yields climb

Investing £5 a day could help me build a second income of £329 a month!

cageside seats
Unlocking the Ultimate WWE Experience: Cageside Seats News 2024
May 22, 2024
US stocks today: Nasdaq falls as technology stocks slide, Treasury yields climb
May 18, 2026
Investing £5 a day could help me build a second income of £329 a month!
March 27, 2024
Brussels unveils plans for a European Degree but struggles to explain why
March 27, 2024
© 2024 All Rights reserved | Powered by Vraltrendingcontent
  • About Us
  • Contact US
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Service
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?