FARMVILLE, Va. (WRIC) — Beginning Monday, all important staff can be eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine within the Virginia Division of Well being’s Piedmont Well being District.
The well being district covers Amelia County, Farmville, Buckingham County, Charlotte County, Cumberland County, Lunenburg County, Nottoway County and Prince Edward County.
Vaccines in these areas will nonetheless be obtainable to and prioritized for members of Phases 1a and 1b.
“Whereas we’ll proceed to present choice to 1a and 1b people, we’re happy to broaden vaccination eligibility to different important staff in our district,” mentioned Dr. Sulola Adekoya, appearing director of the PHD.
Part 1c contains workers within the following industries:
- waste/recycling elimination
- housing and building
- meals service
- transportation and logistics
- establishments of upper training (college and employees)
- data expertise & communication
- authorized companies
- public security (together with engineers)
- different public well being staff
- barbers, stylists/hairdressers