Indianapolis, IN — Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch and the Indiana Vacation spot Improvement Company (IDDC) have launched a survey on the impression of COVID-19 on the Leisure and Journey-Associated Business.
IDDC commissioned Rockport Analytics to conduct a sequence of surveys, intending to assist inform each trade stakeholders and state leaders on present enterprise and shopper confidence. The primary 5 surveys have been administered on-line in weekly waves from Might 5 to June 5 in 2020. Then, Rockport Analytics accomplished two further surveys, one within the final week of November 2020 and one in late April/early Might of 2021.
“The information exhibits that Hoosier confidence is rising,” mentioned Crouch. “The patron sentiment research exhibits that Indiana residents are able to return to Leisure and Journey-Associated actions.”
Indiana Shopper Sentiment – Hoosiers really feel comfy instantly or inside 30 days doing the next actions in comparison with six months in the past:
- 68% eat at a restaurant vs. 43%;
- 64% go to outside points of interest or parks, in comparison with 39%;
- 56% take a trip by automobile vs. 31%;
- 52% keep at a resort in comparison with 21%;
- 44% go to indoor points of interest vs. 23% six months in the past.
“The insights from these surveys have been a vital useful resource,” mentioned Elaine Bedel, Secretary and CEO of IDDC. “The analysis exhibits that the Leisure and Journey-Associated Business is rebounding.”
Rockport Analytics has constructed an index based mostly on a number of elements: mortality charge, misplaced jobs and unemployment claims, misplaced income and firm viability, shopper actions and a number of tourism variables (resort and journey disruption, overlaying with shopper sentiment).
Key findings of the research embrace:
- As of June 14, 2020, Indiana’s Leisure and Journey-Associated index (LTR index) was at 66.0; which is 34% beneath regular charges;
- Might 2021 registered positive aspects in all elements, pushing the LTR index up;
- As of Might 23, 2021, the LTR index stands at 79.0;
- Labor Stress Index (a mix of Leisure-Journey Associated jobs and unemployment claims knowledge) is 75.6; which is 24% beneath regular employment charges for the LTR trade.
Responses of these surveyed got here from 90 counties, representing all ages and key demographics.
To see the complete report, click here.
(Go to Indiana press launch)