Ads and pop-ups are always irritating. We all hate when we are chatting with your friends or playing games on our phone and suddenly a pop-up shows up on your screen. Nothing can be more annoying than that.
But why these pop-ups show up on your phone? Where do they come from? Well, the most common place from where you may invite pop-ups is the browser. You visit many sites on a browser and some of them start displaying pop-ups if you accidentally/or intentionally accepted their pop-up notifications or installed a software.
Another way which allows pop-ups are some apps. Many Android apps also display pop-up ads to make money. You may have downloaded some apps which support ads or are not ads-free. Also, there could be a malicious app which is causing this problem.
Must visit: How To Download Private Facebook Videos – Step By Step With Pictures
Another reason could be that your Android phone has got some malware installed. It may have come with some file you downloaded from the Internet or if you connected to a public WiFi.
So, if you are seeing pop-ups on your Android phone then there is no need to panic because there are many ways to get rid of these irritating buggers. Below are some of the best ways to stop irritating pop-ups on Android. Let’s have a look.
You can stop the pop-ups on Android by disabling them on all the browsers you are using on your Android. Whether you are using only one or more than one, all you need to do is to disable the pop-ups so that you get no irritating pop-ups on your Android. So, below are all the methods on disable pop-ups on Android using all the different browsers.
I. Steps To Stop Irritating Pop-ups On Android Via Chrome
- To stop irritating pop-ups on Android using Chrome, you need to first launch Chrome on your Android.
- Now you need to tap on the 3-horizontal button available on the right top corner of the tab.
- You would see several options to choose from, so, tap on the settings option.
- Now you need to scroll down on the page till you see the site settings option and then tap it.
- After that, look for the pop-ups option and after you touch this option, it would take you to another page where you can simply disable the pop-ups. That’s all you need to do to disable the pop-ups on Chrome.
How To Delete Kik Account Permanently
II. Steps To Stop Irritating Pop-ups On Android Via Samsung Internet
- The process to block pop-ups in Samsung Internet is slightly different from the Chrome one.
- So, in the Samsung Internet, first, you need to go to settings.
- After that, simply tap on the advanced settings and then you would find an option called Pop-up blocker. Just tap on it to enable this feature. All the pop-ups would be blocked.
III. Steps To Stop Irritating Pop-ups On Android Via Mozilla Firefox
- Now, to stop pop-ups on Mozilla Firefox, in the Mozilla Firefox app, you need to tap on the Menu icon available at the right side of the address bar.
- After that, select the new private tab option.
- This private is a new feature of Mozilla which offers you pop-ups free tab to browse anything without getting irritated by the pop-ups.
IV. Steps To Stop Irritating Pop-ups On Android Via Opera
If you want to stop pop-ups on Android using Opera browser then you don’t have to do anything as it has default pop-ups blocker which starts automatically when you start using the browser. It would automatically block all the pop-ups.
V. Block Pop-ups Using Apps
The above methods were to block the pop-ups from the browsers. But some apps in your phone may also cause pop-ups to show up frequently and unfortunately, this can’t be stopped using the browsers. So, what you can do to stop ads from the apps is either purchase the paid version or the higher or ad-free version of those apps. They may cost you a little but you will get an ad-free environment on your Android.
How To Connect Wireless Printer To Laptop
VI. Use Anti-Malware To Scan You Android
Another action you can take to stop the pop-ups on your Android is by installing an anti-malware app in it. You can find many anti-malware apps on Play Store and Malwarebytes is one of the best those apps. You can scan your Android with it and it charges nothing for that. It can detect and remove all the malware in your Android including the one which may be causing the pop-ups to show on the phone.
You need to install this app on your Android and follow the setup wizard to get started with it. Once finished you can start the full scan. After a few minutes, when the scanning is done, it will show you all the threats and malware. After that, you can select them all and then remove them.
So, these were some of the ways to stop pop-ups on your Android. You can follow all the ways or some of them as per your need and get rid of those irritating pop-ups forever. Although, I would recommend that you block the pop-ups from all of your browsers as a precaution even if they are not causing any problems at present.
Source link Technology